[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

e30 idle problem when warm/heater valve problem?

I recently changed the vacuum hoses in my 86'325es.  The problem is that
when my car warms up completely the idle is around 900-1100 rpms. When
the idle goes over 1000 the computer seems to be cutting fuel causing idle
to flucuate erratically between 1100 and 600.  When starting the car in
the morning the idle goes up to 1300 for a few seconds and idles at
600-700 until warm. Thus i don't think it's a leaking cold start valve.

Also today while i was idling for about 10minutes the temp went up to 3/4
so I turned on the heat and hot air was blowing out for a couple of
minutes then it seem like the heater valve just shut off and cool air was
blowing out.  It seem strange b/c the temp was still 3/4. Couple hours
later, rotating the heater switch back and forth the heat came back on.

I know these are similar problems that others have talked about , does
anyone know the solutions?

    ______	Raymond M. Wong
   /______\	'86 BMW 325es
  (OO=oo=OO)	rmw3@domain.elided