[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Not VOB again!!

David Tay wrote:
   >It's probably because warranty claims and service aren't as "profitable"
>as non-warranty claims, where they get to charge more per hour.  Some
>dealers as I've heard will give you the royal red carpet treatment,
>offering to fix things (under warranty) in hopes that you'll bring the car
>back to them for routine work like oil changes, inspections, etc.  Ron
>Browne (rbrowne@domain.elided) can tell you all about VOB BMW in Rockville,
>Maryland which is famed for this. :)

zzzzzzzz....."Huh"?  (yawn) did someone utter those letters VOB!! AARRGGHH!!!
(blood-pressure just hit 1000)
  Yes...FIrst time you go there, they treat you great.  My first visit they
replaced my wiper arm ("mis-aligned") according to them and all four Roundel
Wheel badges("Fading") according the them, all under warranty.  COOL! I
thought..All that stopped by the third visit.  Thats when they knew I could
check my belts and hoses and undercarriage for rust (what car rusts these
days????) and not pay them $500 to do it.
Wouldnt have been so bad if that niceness just stopped, but then they lied
to me about several things..."ahh, yeah Mr. Browne, Bubbling Door panels are
a thing of the past..BMW now uses special glue! (quote from Ralph Gordon,
Service Guy, circa 1994.)
  Yeah, Mr Browne, the reason your heater only blows cold air to the foot
position is bevause you have the wheel in the center of the dash turned to
blue..thats why"..(hmmm..I guess it has nothing to do with the Technical
Service Bulletin issued by BMW regarding faulty IKHR Control Units in early
E36's. And the manual specifically states that the center wheel is for Face
Level temp only.A-Hole)
  "Well Mr. Browne, I see this email you show me that states another dealer
fixed someone elses car that has the same heater problem as yours, but
people on the internet dont know what they are talking about...And besides,
I dont know if BMW will back me up on this IKHR issue since you are 5
thousand miles out of warranty" (Scott Oliver, VOB)  A-Hole#2
  I could go on with more, but I wont.  Just stay away from VOB.  Go to
Excluservice. Or Passport BMW  or BMW of Fairfax or Tishcer in Laurel.  All
three of these are at least upfront, and all support the local BMWCCA chapter.

Ron
Bowie, MD

PS..Hey VOB, if you are listening.  F-U.