[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

No Subject

My 328iC has the [ripoff] sports package which includes 17" rims with Z-rated
tires, which makes it even more obvious that I should get snow tires
for the car for the winter in upstate NY/Vt.

Questions:
1) can anyone point me to archives of previous discussions (other than
this list's FAQ) of what to look for in snow tires, as well as possible
brand recommendations?

2) I really don't need 17" rims for snow tires.  Is there any suspension
or chassis difference with the 328 sports package which would preclude me
from putting 16" rims on my car?  The salesman at the dealership said "no"
but that was in another context, and it was before I signed the check..

3) What is an "ideal" snow tire/wheel for the 328?  What is a cheap but
satisfactory tire/wheel?  Tire Rack advertises a Bridgestone/wheel
package for under $600.  Is this viable, or a bait-and-switch offer?

Roger Kaplan
kaplanr@domain.elided