[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Chipped Paint on '96 E36

Hello fellow Bimmer enthusiats. Unfortunately, my wife chipped the paint
on my (our?) Jet Black '96 E36 328is. I almost cried when she told me
she did it. Anyways, it is a clean chip on the rear of the car under the
bumper strip. Not too obvious, but I see it everytime I get into the
car. It is a clean chip or scrape of one square centimeter. What I mean
by clean is that the paint is missing in that spot but the area around
it is still as new as when I bought the car. The paint is missing down
to the plastic it is painted on (which is like a matte black color).

I need some advice for a repair. Should I get the paint sticks from the
dealer or should it be repaired professionally? Does the whole bottom
bumper skirt need to be repainted or can the "hole" be patched? If I do
need to get it professionally done, is there any recommendations for
body shops in Pittsburgh? Any idea on cost? Please help...

TIA for any replies.

J.P. Lie
Pittsburgh, PA
'96 E36 328is