[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

fiberglass e21 body panels

Can anyone give me a source (other than Korman) for fiberglass body panels
for E21 cars?  Korman has them for around $250, but experience tells me
that what Korman has for a given price you can often find somewhere else
for less.  I just need the panel...hinge hardware, etc is not required
because I'd pin the panels in place.

On a related note, has anyone ever fabricated a fiberglass hood or trunk lid?
I once made a fiberglass front end for a Buick Skylark with my dad, but
it wasn't so pretty when we were done.  Could I just take a trunk lid,
make a mold with plaster or rubber or something else that artists use for
molds, and then layer resin and fiberglass cloth in the mold?  Or is this
just going to look like hell?