[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E28> RE: No Tunes When Braking

Many thanks to Robert Andrews, Walt Barie and Ken (emedia01@domain.elided) and all
other digest contributors for their responses to my aftermarket stereo woes.
It was reassuring to know that the brakelight voltage drop triggering a stereo
shutdown was not a gremlin unique to my '87 535is.

I called Blaupunkt (Robert Bosch) technical assistance who didn't sound familiar
with my problem but they recommended either of 2 solutions:

1. Install a 500 - 1000 mF capacitor accross the switched (+) power source to
   the radio and black ground wire. This will act as a mini-backup power
   supply when a voltage drop hits, thereby keeping voltage constant.

2. Alternatively to #1, install a small 12v relay that is switched on by the
   oem purple/grey switched (+) radio lead. The 12v relay will withstand the
   voltage drops caused by the brake lights and keep the power source to the
   radio constant.

Again, many thanks to those many people that offered help/suggestions.

Regards,

Jonathan