[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Air Flow Meter

If the AFM is calibrated at the factory on the car, how can a replacement
AFM be accurate when put on? Is it calibrated again? I have been told to
replace mine because a previous owner had drilled the cap out and threw off
its calibrations.

My <e30> (36K miles) has been idling very rough. It is particularly
noticeable on humid/foggy days. >>>REB<<< was very helpful in his post a
few months back and my independent tried his suggestions. The dealer wants
to replace the AFM before proceeding with any other adjustments. Is this a
DIY job?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA,
Geiger