[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<MISC> Re: Alarm

Ron of Bowie writes, in part:

>...It warned you before it went of with a VERY loud "STAND BACK FROM THE
>VEHICLE..SYSTEM ARMED!"  After a few more seconds, it stated "THIS IS THE
>LAST WARNING BEFORE THE ALARM SOUNDS..BACK AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE!".  I know,
>sounds kind of hokey, but it was different.

The crooks will get a real giggle from this just before they bust your windows.
Nice system, now it annoys the neighbors when someone just gets _close_ to your
car.  These systems have been around for years.  I come across them when walking
along in DC every once in a while.  I make a point of walking back and forth
next to the car as often as possible, hoping that the battery will drain faster.

Stand back, my ass.

Jim Moran
'88 M6