[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

OBC Outside Temp. Fixed

I finally got around to tracking down the cause of inaccurate OBC outside
temperature readings on my '91 735i.  Hardest part was trying to locate the
probe/sensor.  Several folks from the digest had directed me to the front grill
area.

What I found was the probe (1" yellow rectangle, 1/4" thick, with a 1" black
probe off one side) was dangling loss in the front of the engine compartment,
passenger side.  That explains why I had been getting excessively high readings,
it was picking up engine compartment temp.  From underneath the front grill, I
located a 3/8" hole which the probe fits into and isolates itself from the
engine compartment.

Everything is working fine now.  Hey, how about that... a "no cost" repair!

Steve Shelton
Rochester MI