[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 Control Arm update

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who responded privately to me with help and advice
on my worn-out ball joints.

I checked back with the dealer (and a few other places) and learned
that I had been quoted the wrong price.  I was quoted $373 which is
for the aluminum M3 unit.  Let it be said that this is the first
instance in which I'm glad I don't own an M3!  = )

The standard, plebian, bourgeois steel unit for us lowly 325is pilots
is only $113.  The bushings for the rear mount are $40.

They're even in stock....so hopefully the job won't require any
presidential pardons or acts of a higher power to complete.  Hey,
how hard can it be right?  They're only held on with three bolts!
Of course, I thought that when I rebuilt the master cylinder for the
clutch.  That turned out to be one of the most frustrating and painful
mechanical endeavors I've ever embarked upon.

At least the "clunk" coming from the front end should be gone soon!

Regards,
TJ