[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: changing shifter knob

Chris asked:

Hello, I'm thinking about changing the shift knob. Does anyone know how
to remove the factory knob? I don't see any screws or anything; is it
glued on?

Just having done this hours ago...hit DOWN on the shifter with your hand to
fully drive it down.  Then, grab it with both hands and pull up, keeping
your face away.  It should pull right off.  Be careful and don't pop
yourself in the face, go wild, break the mirror, windshield ( I didn't do
any of these things, but others have).  IF that fails, take an open end
wrench a bit larger than the shift lever, but smaller than the base of the
knob, place it at the base of the know and hit the wrench from
underneath...carefully.

It should come off.

Hope this help,

jeff