[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Source for CD changer cable (AAMP BMWPIO)

>From: Tim Tsai <ttsai@domain.elided>
>Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 06:14:58 -0500 (CDT)
>Subject: Source for CD changer cable (AAMP BMWPIO)

>  Anybody know where I can order the CD Changer adapter cable (AAMP
>BMWPIO)?  I live in the middle of nowhere and none of the local shops
>has even heard of it.

>  Thanks!

Tim,

  I'm not sure if this is the exact same cable that I used for my CD
changer or not, but you can call Crutchfield and check if they have
it  Their phone number is (804) 978-7020. They have an
800 number as well, but I don't have it handy.

I have a '93 325i with an Alpine3 head unit. After consulting Phil's
list, I bought a Pioneer CDX-M30 changer and an adapter
in Crutchfield. The changer was $269 and an adapter $19.95
Since I'm privileged to be in the sam city as Phil, I went to his
place to ask him for advice on installation. He was really helpful
and spent couple of hours of his time to install the changer. The
changer works really good, it hasn't skipped yet and even those stock
BMW speakers sound much better than before, although I still believe
that the front speakers need to be upgraded.

I'm glad I installed the changer and I would like to  use this
opportunity to thank Phil for compiling the list, which I'm sure will
be beneficial to many of us. I would also like to thank him for his
efforts, time,  knowledge,  and help in installation of the changer
in my car.

PS If anyone has any questions about the installation in a CD ready
E36 325i, please email me.

Davor
Davor Ebling
Univeristy of Virginia    http://holmes.acc.virginia.edu/~de2j
ITC - Network Systems         (804) 982-4859
P.O. Box 9029
Charlottesville, VA 22906