[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 M3 Cam gear installation info.

Having installed 3 exhaust cam gears in the last year I can relate that it
will make a noticeable difference in seat of the pants feel. My '88 M3 can
now take most curves in 3rd that would require a downshift. It makes 2nd
gear a lot more fun too. I haven't noticed any negatives. The only caveat,
if you install it yourself don't have a coronary when you start the engine
for the first time. You will hear the timing chain whipping against the
chain rail until the tensioner pumps back up. This lasts for about 5 min.
but seems like a hour! No harm will come to your engine just keep the revs
up around 2K for several min. and it will gradually smooth out to normal.
E-mail if you have questions.

Evan

'88 M3
'88 M5