[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bilsteins for 2002

I had a similar experience installing Koni front strut inserts
in my 74 '02. They just wouldn't slide in far enough.  I saw evidence
that water and slop had collected at the bottom of the tube and corroded
things enough to prevent the cartridge from seating.  I took a brake
cylinder hone (medium sized Craftsman w/ stones about 2" long), rigged
it up with a drill bit extension, and honed the inside of the tube.  It
took a bit of grinding, but eventually I was able to fit the inserts in.
(I don't think I had to take off .027).  Hope this helps.
        Good luck!

Brian