[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

525i Coolant Change

The coolant on my 16-months-since-manufacture 525i has turned brown.  It is
passed time for it to be changed, even tho bmw says change is only required
after 24 months.

The BMW Enthusiast's Companion has good info on changing coolant on a pre-M50
engined 5-er and the August Roundel has good info on changing coolant on an M50
engined 3-er.  The Enthusiast's Companion suggests disconnection of heater hoses
and other procedures that the Roundel does not mention.

Does anyone know:  Do I just drain the coolant at the radiator and block drain
points and then refill with the vent screw near the radiator filler open, per
the Roundel article?  Or is there something about M-50ed 5-ers that makes
coolant change different from 3-ers??

Brant