[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <INFO>24-valve 535i

Erik C.Lee wrote:
>I would like to find out which was the first model year of the
>24-valve 535i <E34>?  Was it 1992?

No, to my knowledge there has never existed a 24-valve 535i.
All E34 535i's have the 'ol faithful M30 six (AKA 'big six') that has
been around since 1969 or so, and that engine definitely has never
seen anything else than 12 valves.
I guess you are thinking about the 'small six', used in (euro) 520i and
525i, with 24 valves. That engine showed up in euro E34's in 1991,
i am not sure when it reached US market.
Greetings,
Gunnar Elmgren
Stockholm, Sweden
BMW Club Schweden no 1436
'71 1600-2 Vollcabrio (8 valves)
'75 2002 tii (also 8 valves)
'90 M5 (definitely 24 valves)

Gunnar Elmgren                            ______'
AS/400 Software Support, IBM Sweden     o/______\o
///                                     (oo=00=oo)
                                        ii''''''ii