[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

seat clunk

>From: WJKELLY3@domain.elided
>Regarding the thread on front seat "clunk" --I discovered nothing by
shaking,
>rocking and pushing the seat at a standstill.  I did find a ball joint in
the
>front end that was quite loose. I'm replacing tomorrow. Will let fellow
"seat
>clunkers" know if this was the source of the noise and if it resolves the
>problem.

In the 2 E34s that we have owned with the seat "clunk" problem, neither was
reproducible by shaking or moving the seat by hand. That is why it took
forever to trace it to the rivets in the seat bottom frame. In our case, it
took a lot of hours of trial an error but ultimately those little rivets
turned out to be 100% of the problem.

You may or may not have the same symptoms / problem, just wanted to let you
know that the thing that dove me nuts was that I could not make the seat
"repeat" this noise by manually moving it.

Can't remember if you're the guy who experienced the "clunk" on
acceleration. If so, I think your problem lies somewhere other than the
seat. My problem -only- occurred during the weight shift of cornering.

Good luck!

Steven C. Morey
smorey@domain.elided
Dallas, TX