[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ERT Supercharger on 325is

Hi everyone,

	I recently had the ERT supercharger kit installed in my 95 325is.
After driven it for a month or so, I would like to share the experience I
have with it and hopefully can help those of you to decide whether or not
this performance upgrade is good for you.

	First of all, the kit costs $6000.  This includes the powerdyne
supercharger with 6 lbs of boost.  Other than the pulley and other
hardware and software that are included, ERT has especially designed
larger fuel injectors (I believe Dinan uses the stock ones) to increase
performance even further.  So, the price above includes everything!

	The installing part was also quite easy.  I had it installed at my
local dealer (in Canada) and everything went well.  It took a full 8
hours.  You can order the supercharger in black so it looks stock under
the hood!  But if you have a chance, you should go down to Delaware to
visit their facilities (I did) and you can check out their race cars!

	Noise wise, there is a slight whine but definitely tolerable.  In
fact, you would not hear it on the highway (above 50mph) because your
exhaust and engine tone will cover it, a good stereo would help too!

	For those of you who do not know, the software for this
supercharger kit was co-designed by Jim C., and this was one of the
reasons of why I chose ERT over Dinan.

	Now let's get down to the performance part.  I had a dyno test
done on my 95 325is after the supercharger was installed.  FYI, I also had
a larger throttle body and a free flow exhaust to help.  An amazing 290
hps and 235 lbs-ft of torque was diagnosed!  On the street, the car drives
like stock except much faster!  The most gain you get is above 3000 rpm,
man, it flies!

	As far as engine wear and durability are concerned, I drive it
hard all the time and have had NO problem whatsoever.  But I will change
oil more frequently, that's about it!

Need more info on this, please email me!

Matt
95 325is - ERT supercharged and other mods