[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 Lower Control Arm Bushing

Well I finally discovered the reason my front end goes clunk and
why it feels like it's ready to divorce itself from the rest of the
car.

My right outer control-arm bush is shot.  Packed it in...kaput.

So here's the question.

The Bentley manual says they're not replaceable....BMW dealer wants
$373 for the whole control arm.

Haven't checked Bavarian Autosport, nor our friend Rodd.....

Anyone have experience that they can share?  Shouldn't be that
hard to replace....asssuming there is an aftermarket ball joint that
is available right?

Or am I smoking my own vegetables here?

Regards,
TJ
"clunking in California"
- --
TJ Noto		Palo Alto		CA	USA		http://www.rahul.net/tjn
Owned by:	95 Ducati 900ss		65 MGB	87 BMW 325is	70 Triumph TR6
BMWCCA #105472
"Once again Yankee ingenuity Triumphs over British craftsmenship"