[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Top End Performance posting

>Response to the response to MTILLMAN re: making more power from his 1981
>1.8. Come on you guys. Don't give out info like that unless you have
>tried it. Passing along bad advice that was given to you does not make it good
>advice. The point of the question asked was how to make as much SMOG
>LEGAL HP as possible. The answers provided did not have anything to do with
the
>question. This is not a 2002 it is a fuel injected 1.8 in a heavy car that
needs to >meet emmisions.

I'm not sure who posted my list of modifications to a 2.0 liter engine in
reply to questions on a 1.8 liter, but my list was posted many months ago
specifically in response to someone's questions about how to modify a 2.0
liter engine for a track car. It was not meant to apply to a street vehicle
that has to meet emissions and was not meant to apply to a 1.8 liter engine
for any reason.

I agree with Steve's comments.  If you are going to post information, please
make sure it applies to the specific vehicle and question asked.  There is
enough misinformation floating around that we don't need to add to the
problem.  Thanks.

Regards,
Bob Stommel
78 320iS, 88 M3, 95 M3