[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E28 525i BLUE exhaust smoke!

I have a 1986 525i with 124,000 start-stop miles, I use Mobil 1 5W-50 oil=
, and really care for my engine, driving enthusiastically, but sympatheti=
cally.

I was overtaking a long line of traffic behind a truck yesterday, and spe=
d from 30mph to 64 mph in second gear, this took the revs from 3100 to 62=
00rpm. As I got towards the front of the line, slow car pulled straight o=
ut in front of me I gently lifted off the throttle and slowed back down t=
o 30mph and pulled, including an upchange to forth gear. I noticed as the=
 revs passed through the 2500-1500rpm range a small cloud of blue smoke w=
as emmitted from the tailpipe.

The car never has smoked before to my knowledge, is this acceptable for a=
 car of this mileage? Is it likely to be bore or valve guide wear? Is it =
just an unburnt fuel cloud?

Thanks for any suggestions that people may give.