[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

M3 over rev

> From: Charles Quarton <chazq@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: M3 Over-rev & CLASS ACTION
>

> I was told that an over rev _can_  be read out of the electronics.  This
> makes sense because I know that a read out of the diagnostic codes can
> reveal the cause of a "check engine light".  Other data are stored in there
> too, such as inspection resets with mileage.

It cannot be read period. Ask your BMW dealer to read it out. He can't
read any rev info.

> What ever happened to personal responsibility??  Driver error produced the
> down shift.  All right student drivers, when you rev to the top of 2d gear,
> you then shift to 3d gear, not 1st.

Read my previous post, BMW has investigated the issue. They know the
driver error is CAUSED by a design flaw. They will not fix the design
flaw, it will prove their liability.

> This type of frivolous law suit just increases the cost of buying BMW parts
> and cars.

This design flaw increase the COST of BMW ownership, and the profit of
BMW NA.

 Class
> actions of this type mostly benefit lawyers who pocket huge fees while the
> class members get peanuts.

Unfortunately, there is no other way to get BMW to correct the problem.
Can you think of a better way?

Eric Sternberg
95 M3