[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: E36 Missed Shifts

Reading Jeff Krause's comments on the E36 M3 missed shifts and related
class action suits makes me wonder whether he has spent any time driving
one of these.  I personally have driven manual trans cars for the past
thirty years and cannot remember ever having missed a shift, but in the
seven months since I got an M3 it has happened at least 3 times.
Fortunately, never at high enough revs to do any damage and consequently
when I was driving more "casually" overall.  Nevertheless, I feel there
is something about this trans that it doesn't "naturally" go where it
should be going, especially likes to hit 3rd rather than 5th...

BTW -- don't interpret this that I, in any way, want to take part in a
law suit.  Not my way of solving this kind of problem...I just need to
be less "casual" with my shifting.

David Weston
'95 ///M3