[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: sticky buttons

>From: (Jill Smolin)
>Subject: sticky buttons
>I love my new 325i C.
>However, my defrost button is stuck, and the window buttons are sticky. Any
>suggestions?
>This list is great. Thanks for the info.

My personal cure, and remember YMMV, etc, is to remove the switches and
wash them under scalding hot tap water, shake them dry and plug them back
in.  This works great for E28 power seat switches, but it's a secret so
don't spread it around to undeserving folks.  Yours most likely have
coffee, tea, Pepsi, etc, in them.  Mine usually get Dr.Pepper.  I've heard
of a cure using alcohol but the red wine kept making them worse.

- -Phil Marx  BMWCCA #6021