[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #252

Just read the class-action suit thread. Unbelieveable. This is as bad as the
original M5 suit where someone drove their M5 as a street car, and then sued
BMW because they thought building another 600 or so over the original run of
500 is what devalued the car, not the miles, dings, dirt, wear, tear, and
general use of the car on a daily basis over several years.

GROW UP.

 Most people didn't get to the point of being able to afford a E36 by being
an idiot. These are not cheap cars, designed for people who love to drive and
know how. The ability to write a big check does not guarantee ability to
drive, regardless of what the past weeks'
Viper School students at Putnam Park thought! (The previous sentence was
humor. Please remember this.)
 If you don't have a lot of experience with a manual trans car, and spend
close to $40 k on it, and blow it up out of misuse due to your lack of
experience, DO NOT BLAME ME OR ANYONE ELSE.
 I KNOW it was an accident. I KNOW it wasn't planned. Neither was the Audi
unintended acceleration, and there people died, for crying out loud. But it
wasn't the CAR'S fault that the operator stepped on the wrong pedal. Same
scene here. The driver selected the wrong gear because of unfamiliarity with
the car and/or improper technique. Fess up, take responsibility for our
actions (Like I am with this letter) and let's get on with our lives.

Now where's that damn Nomex...

Jeff Krause
http://www.trader.com/users/5012/8969
Whiteland IN