[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

72 3.0 Csi

When I was young my father bought a new 518 type I. It had been his
dream to once buy a BMW. I was obviously raised to love the cars. I have
owned eight BMWs after this. I have however always wanted a classic
sporting coupe. After all after the WWII this has been BMWs pride. I
have been considering new BMWs but never bought one, they just dont give
me the right feel. The 850 is way to expencive, the 635 to much of a
combination of the old 7 and 5 with its upright bulky apperance, the 3.0
Csi however is perfect! It offers great ride. It was build without
compromizes. Its style, sound and driveability was among the very best
back then, and is not very far behind cars produced today. I thought
however that these cars were out of a common mans reach until yesterday.

I have been offered a 72 3.0 Csi coupe and I do not know what to do! It
is a beautifull blue car with the natural leather interiour. The car has
230000 km on it, but has been restored during the last years. The
interiour has been restored at a place in Italy and is in perfect new
condition. The engine and transmission has been totally
restored/rebuildt around 5000 km ago. It was done at a place in England
called Munich classics I think. The exteriour was redone completely six
years ago, but to get it to a 100% conditions it needs to be redone.

What is this car worth? And is it in fact a valuable classic worth
investing in?

Where can I get technical information on this car?

Regards
Erik R