[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: M3 Over-rev & CLASS ACTION

>From: Eric Sternberg <impex4@domain.elided>
replying to:
>> From: Snootful@domain.elided
>> Subject: M3 (E36) Engine "Over-rev" and Engine Replacement

snip

>> 2.  What can BMW (or I) do to check engine operation (i.e. prove over-rev).
>
>THEY CANNOT!!
>
>> Can you "probe" the engine control unit or check rev limiter?  What else?
>NO!!!

I was told that an over rev _can_  be read out of the electronics.  This
makes sense because I know that a read out of the diagnostic codes can
reveal the cause of a "check engine light".  Other data are stored in there
too, such as inspection resets with mileage.

snip

>ALSO, notice to all!! There is a class action lawsuit brimming for all
>E36 manual transmissioned cars! Email me if you have or had the over-rev
>problem.

What ever happened to personal responsibility??  Driver error produced the
down shift.  All right student drivers, when you rev to the top of 2d gear,
you then shift to 3d gear, not 1st.

>The law firm needs this to get things going. All E36 manuals
>will be included in the class.

This type of frivolous law suit just increases the cost of buying BMW parts
and cars.  Then all the drivers that can execute an upshift will pay. Class
actions of this type mostly benefit lawyers who pocket huge fees while the
class members get peanuts.

Now that I think of it, maybe I should countersue all the lawyers and all
the named plaintiffs in suc a law suit for raising the price of the parts
that I buy.   Better yet, I can settle the case and get huge fees for
harassing them, oh excuse me I mis-spoke*, modest fees for defending the
rights of consumers.

Chuck Quarton

* Generally, lawyer jargon for accidently told the truth