[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Star lug wrench-tire changing

On a given race weekend, I might change my tires 4 or 5 times, not to
mention all the rotations.  I have used portable drills, ratchets,
and have found that the good old fashion star lug wrench is still the
best and fastest way to take off and put on wheel nuts.  You can brake
loose the lug nuts, whirl it around, and the nuts are off in no time.
 Easy to put them back on, too.  Start them with your fingers, then
whirl the star wrench and they are on.  Don't forget to torque the
lug nuts afterwards!

Does anyone know who makes or sells a star wrench that has THIN
WALLS?  My street wheels are Anteras, and a normal thickness wrench
socket will not fit in the holes.

regards,

Carl

Carl R. Buckland