[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

328i motronic fault codes

  REGARDING              328i motronic fault codes

My friend has a 328i on its second engine computer which is now giving the faults 245 and 246. The check engine light came on and the car is idling rough with crappy acceleration. The service advisor at Beverly Hills BMW said they refer to a battery disconnect and not driving the car for at least a week respectively. Neither of these occurred but he deleted the codes from the computer so that they won't occur again. This is to be dirrerentiated from resetting the codes.  Anyway, if any one can tell me what these codes mean I would appreciate an e-mail. My  service advisor said he thought those codes referred to the oxygen sensor & that there was a BMW technical bulletin out on those codes though he could not find it.

Thanks for any help

Alex Lee
95 318ti active