[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<misc> What tires to buy?

  I know this topic has been discussed several times before, So I'll ask that

  I'm fixing up an '87 325 that my brother bought for my niece. It needs tires
and I'm wondering what people's experiences/opinions are for Pirelli P6000's,
Bridgestone Turanza's & Sumitomo HTR4's. It has Turanza's on it now and they
look like a decent tire. It has a Pirelli 6000 for a spare which looks good
too and has very good tirewear (180) traction (A) and temperature (A) ratings,
(for what the ratings are worth...)

  I'd welcome suggestions for other tires as well that people like that are
in the $60 per tire range for a P195 65 HR14 with good traction and wear
ratings. The car will not be used for anything but street driving (no track
use), and will most likely have these tires replaced with snows for the winter.

TIA,
Ron Checca
Too many BMW's...