[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <2002> Oil venting containers

> Mike asked about crank case and tranny venting on a 2002.

The best setup I've seen is a bicycle water bottle and water bottle
bracket. They come in a variety of color/size/configurations, are cheap,
and easy to install. One can runa 3/8-5/16 type hose from the breather
boss on the valve cover to the water bottle nozzle. Plug a hold in the
top of the bottle and bingo. Nice looking, cheap, easy to remove and
clean setup.

Filippo Morelli
E28 M5 (regretably for sale: http://www.usa.net/~lmorelli/M5.html)
Former 1976 2002 - barely streetable money pit of a project now owned
		and auto-x'ed by Buster Ashmore

p.s. My 2.3l stroker with DCOE's spewed a good bit of oil, but the Stage
II Korman 2.0l with DCOE's did not - I ran a K&N breather on that valve
cover breather boss with very little oil residue resulting on the head.
YMMV