[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E32><E34> Brake Light Switches

Ben Greisler <bgreisle@domain.elided> wrote:

> The factory manual for both E32 and E34 show two switches acting
> on the brake pedal.  One is a 4-prong, self adjusting switch
> which I believe to be the brake light switch.  I can find this
> easily in the factory wiring books.  There is a second switch
> which resembles the old style threaded brake light switch ...
> I can not find this switch in the wiring books, yet it is shown
> in parts fiche.  What is this second switch?  It is refered to
> as the "brake test switch."

Could this be the clutch switch (S32)?  It is shown in the cruise
control schematic on page 6571.0-04 of the '89 E34 ETM, but not
shown in any component location photo, perhaps because the model
for the brake light switch photo (7100.0-22-1) is an automatic.
It's location description matches that of the brake light switch,
except that "clutch" replaces "brake".  It is two-wire switch
which closes when the clutch pedal is pressed.

Curt Ingraham
ingraham@domain.elided