[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ASC+T comment

   Last weekend I was out driving normally coming home from a wedding.
The roads were wet and since it had not rained for a while here in CT
they were slippery. I was coming up an on ramp and as the radius increased
I EASED on the gas to accelerate to merge. The ASC+T was on but low and
behold the tail went out like my old '89 325i. No big deal, but not expected
with the ASC+T. My guess is that since I was easing on the gas, I was able to
just pass the traction limit with out enough wheel spin to regester a differencbetween wheel speed and vehicle speed and triger the traction control. So much
for careful driving. I probably would have been better off to just nail it!

  Anyway, just thought I would pass this on. Seems you can't rely on this
new techo-garbage. Not that thats supprising, just the conditions seem to
be (or were) similar to the ones that BMW has used to make the claim about
how well the system works!

 Oh yea!, 328is/sport/ ...

 John k...