[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36><318ti> Brake Rotors

     All;

     I had read a tidbit of info here on the list, and being curious, set
     out to confirm/nulify this info.

     CONFIRM it was !! Upon inspecting the front rotors on my dad's '96
     318ti (Active), I discovered that they are indeed SOLID rotors. No
     radial VENTS.

     What's up with this ? A cost-cutting measure ? Did BMW design a NEW
     rotor for this car ? I assumed no BMW since the early-mid 70's had
     solid rotors, so it doesn't seem likey to be a parts-bin thing.

     Does the Sport or Club Sport have a different setup ?

     MODIFICATION: Is there a way to upgrade to vented rotors/(matching
     calipers) (ie, E30 M3) without changing wheels ?

     Inquiring minds want to know . . .

     Thanks,

     Bob T
     '90 M3