[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30> RE: Road noise

At 04:12 PM 9/16/96 -0400, you wrote:

>From: NineForty4@domain.elided
>Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 14:33:10 -0400
?Subject: Road noise in E30

>Hi all,
>    I have an '84  318i that had a bent rear rim and a terrible rumbling
noise--I replaced the rim but the rumbling has not diminished.  The tire is
not cupped and has been balanced.  What else could it be?  Wheel bearings?
> Anything typical on these?
>TIA,
>Casey Fox
>1984 318i 115,000miles

Your wheel bearing is junk.  Whatever wrecked the wheel made the balls leave
their marks on the races, and you hear them going over this uneven terrain.
Go to a shop and get it fixed.  You probably don't have the $500 bearing
puller tool.

BMW:  Bent Mag Wheels :^(

Erik Ivarson
'89 M3 (these eat rear wheel bearings every 40k or so I'm told.)
'92 750iL