[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dark OBC

Craig,
Check the FAQ. I recently followed the procedure there, and found it pretty
easy (if not a little unnerving) to loosen then bend the OBC out from the
dash. Slide out the light bar, and replace the bulbs with a couple of $1.50
units from Radio Shack. (Very easy soldering job).
Slide the bar back in, replace 3 of the 4 nuts that held the OBC in place,
and reinstall the radio.
The hardest part turned out to be tightening the 5-sided screws that hold
the radio in. I've since made a tool, although BMW sells the 5 sided driver
for about $12.00.
Good luck.

        -Loren-
   Loren Luke, SqueezeBox Consulting: Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA #91000
        1990 M3, Arrest-Me-Red --> www.squeezebox.com/car.html 60,000 Miles
                        1985 325e (Dinanized) 202,002 miles (1.06 Light-seconds)
                  The 325e is now for sale at: www.squeezebox.com/forsale.html
                                                   ( OO====00=M3=OO )
SqueezeBox does Digital Video Capture & Compression for CD & Web producers