[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

M3 wins SCCA Solo II- Bob and PattyTunnell

Dear BMW friends,

Bob and Patty Tunnell, of Superior, Colorado, sent the below message,
sharing their good news about a double victory at the National
championships!  They were the decided underdogs, having struggled
(and occationally won) against the Porsche 993's.  Given that they
are racing a fully stock E36 M3 against the 993, a true sportscar
weighing about 500 pounds less, and using much larger tires, their
accomplishment is even more spectacular.

I hope that their success will encourage more of you Bimmerphiles to
get involved in SCCA Solo II events,  where you not only will learn a
great deal about car control at the extremes, but you might even WIN.

Now if we can only get the modified M3's put into ESP instead of
CSP....

regards,

Carl

- ------- Forwarded Message Follows -------