[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> Windshields & Horse hair

Howdy all,

I was hoping I could get some advice about windshield installation and
re-padding seats with the horse hair pads.

Firstly, I have been calling around to various San Francisco/Bay Area
glass installers to find what is available and for how much. The best
prices I have found so far are around $230 for BMW OEM windshields, or
$120 for domestic "premium" glass (one company mentioned Pittsburgh Glass
as a supplier) uninstalled. I have been warned by several people that
going with a domestic non-OEM glass often results in leakage.

Secondly, I am interested in breathing new life in my seats. I'm not too
keen on changing to the 3 series seats yet, but the horse hair pads are
running about $79 dollars each so that comes out to about $160 per seat.
I'd like to keep the car as stock as possible, so for the moment the
horse hair pads seem th most likely.

So if any of you have experience, advice or suggestions on the above, I'd
appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

Bruce Showalter