[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> REQ: Valve Cover Nut Torque Values

Greetings all 02 fanatics:

I have a persistent seep at the passenger side edge of the valve cover on
our 1600ti.  A new valve cover gasket was installed during the last valve
adjust.  I tightened the valve cover nuts to "tight enough" ie by feel, not
wanting to bust off the studs from the head.  Looks like its not enough.  I
have a 3/8" torque wrench with a minimum torque value of 20 ft-lbs.  Ready
to apply the correct amount of torque, if I only knew what it was!

Checked Haynes, couldn't find it.  O-bmw-digest, you're my only hope...

Thanks,
        Mike
Kim & Mike Hood-Douda	Raindance Farm  "Goats & BMWs...living
raindance@domain.elided	Lacomb, Oregon   in harmony!"