[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

M3 4 Door vs. 540i Six Speed

Hello All,

My '93 325is is coming off lease this winter, and it has to be replaced by a
four door.  The car will be used for daily driving, including ferrying clients,
co-workers, etc., and possibly in the future for a child seat.  It also will be
used as often as possible for Club driving events, e.g. drivers' schools.  I am
planning on purchasing the car (not leasing) with the intent (will power
allowing) of keeping it for "a long time".  The two options I am considering
are the new M3 4 Door and the 540i Six Speed.

I have not driven either car.  I have driven a '95 M3, and a new 540i w/
automatic.  The four door M3s will not be in showrooms until October.  The 540i
Six Speed is shipping, but it is rare as hens' teeth.

The M3 is attractive  for
More Sportiness
Better Price

The 540i is attractive for
Back seat legroom
Newer platform
Less common car

Anyone on the list have strong opinions, things to consider, etc.?

Thanks

Bill Phelps
waphelps@domain.elided