[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

318ti superchargers/turbos

From: Alex Felipe <alexfelipe@domain.elided>

|I am interested in adding a supercharger to my 318ti.  This seems to be the
|logical next step.  But I am curiouse what are the cons to this.  What do I
|need to watch out for?  Is it a difficult install?  There is a supercharger
|kit that some place sells, that will boost the car with 6lbs of boost and
|192 hp.  Has anybody had any good/bad experiences with superchargers or
|turbos?  I would appreciate any help.
|
|Thanks in advance.
|Alex Felipe
|'95 318ti sport - H&R springs - TriFlow Exhaust - Bored out Throttle Body -
|Dinan Chip - Short Shift

ERT and Turner sells the ERT supercharger kit.  It uses 6lb powerdyne
supercharger.  That supercharger is also available in 9lb version.  From what
I hear, superchargers are pretty reliable.  No lag compared with Turbos.

I'm not sure where you live, but I've heard from owners of supercharged Miatas,
CA reformulated (oxygenated) gas causes their car to run lean and ping.  Their
kit comes with a blue EPA exempt sticker so that is nice if you live in CA.
The ERT kit doesn't come with these exemption stickers.

Gary