[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<e21> clatter/rattle on loading engine

This is something that is really worrying me. My engine seems to (I say seems
to bec. I dont remember really hearing it before) have developed a
rattle/clatter which sounds like twenty metal spoons hitting the block which
shows up when I try to load the engine, like when I try to accelerate hard up a
hill or have the A/C on and try to accelerate hard. What is this? The valve
train? knocking? What? I'm afraid if I let it go on, I'll break something
expensive. I'm thinking that I'll adjust the advance tomorrow and see if it
goes away. Please, if anyone knows what it is and what to do, drop me a mail. I
remember a rented Ford doing the same thing, but it was a rental and not MY car
so I wasnt too bothered. Help.