[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

525i

Hi Dean,

	<<First off how do I remove the door panel?  I'm sure it has been asked
before
so any links to the information would be great.  Second, my auxiliary fan,
quit working on low speed so I guess it is the resistor?  The main problem is
on high speed it shakes the whole car.  I would assume the bearing is going
out since all the mounts are tight and the blades seem to be fine.  Ideas,
comments welcome because I refuse to spend $500 for  a new fan.
TIA ---Dean>>

	Panels are held on with plastic snap-in plugs.  The easiest way to remove
them is to go to an auto parts store and look in their tool displays for a door
panel tool.  It looks like a very wide two tang fork.  You slip it behind the
panel around the plastic plugs and pull the tool handle away from the door.  The
plastic pops out of the hole in the door and you have done no damage.
	Try Vines for a used fan. I think they were selling them for about $100
- -800.214.4839-

Regards,

Joe Fahy
'88 ///M5