[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

My NEW-OLD PROJECT....

Hello All,

I received a VERY generous gift from my father earlier this year, a 1979
323i. The car is a joy to drive, from the little bit that I have driven
it already. I had to get a new flywheel, and clutch master cylinder. Now
all I need to do is replace the drivers side floor pan. Its becoming
very apparent to me, that this car requires a lot of attention. Which I
eagerly want to give.

I have a few area that I really want to address. This car comes with
dual-exhaust. I was wondering if there is any aftermarket companies that
have made systems for this particular car. I also want to have a 5-speed
tranny put in. Can I use a 325 trans for this?, or will a 320i tranny
work better?. I also would appreciate ANY leads to getting a owner's
manual. I really like having them on hand when I drive a car. Another
item I would like to have is air-conditioning. Would a 320 also make a
good donor car for this too?

I plan on updating the four wheel disks with cross-drilled rotors, any
suggestions on a brand.

Oh yeah, when the car is finished, it will become a daily driver. I will
be driving it with the "DECALS" on. I'll be the one with the BIG smile
jetting past the big boys.. Power-to-Weight Ratio is Phenominal.

Thanks in Advance...John(Sniper-1)