[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Leasing an A4/Whatever

Barthe wrote:

 > In my opinion the A4 will not be able to hold its value over time
 > as compared to other cars in its class such as the BMW.

and...

 > While I do not advocate the leasing of vehicles as I believe that
 > leasing is not very cost effective.  If you really wanted an Audi
 > I would highly recommend you lease the car in order to make a
 > clean get away in two to three years if things such as resale
 > value are important to you.

I don't think leasing alone can compensate for poor resale value.  If the
lessor knows the car will depreciate badly, you can bet the cost of the
depreciation will be included in the cost of the lease.  Otherwise, the
lessor would take a bath when you turn the car in.  The only way you
would have the advantage is if the lessor is ignorant and/or overestimates
the future resale value of the car.

 Regards,
 Jerry
 Arlington, TX (12-Sep-96, 06:25)