[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #217

In Subject : bmw-digest V5 #217
On Wed, 11 Sep 1996 15:23:10 -0400,
	owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided 様 writes:

> From: BMW@domain.elided (Bavarian Motor Warehouse)
> Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 14:50:05 -0400
> Subject: re: Turbo 2002

> dyno'd at over 200hp.  The turbo makes about 160-170 depending on who you
> talk to. My 2.3 still pulls from 2000 RPM and makes over 100hp already by
> 3500 rpm.  The turbo won't come close to this performance.  With 5-speed OD
> and quick ratio steering box, the mutant is a much finer car to drive.  The
> turbo is simply unique, stock, cool, historical, and fun over 4000 rpm. But
> with Webers.... no lag.

I agree with you, Phil.I have 210hp dyno'd modified alpina.
It is a beast compared with a genuine turbo perfectly restored by my friend.
The turbo gently goes like many japnese turbo followers(mostly for domestic
market).
Even, compared with 911turbo(my flag ship) the alpina appeals the most
to my passion.

BTW, does anyone know a good chassis
for replacing the alpina(round tailed tii based)
which underfloor severely rusted out.

Is there a good source of restored chassis in the US?

     l_#_l(_0   Kazuhiro IGETA, not the number,,,
  _~C. C_~/   Adaptive Communications Labs
 (((==)((@)  ATR ,  Kyoto,  JAPAN