[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 635 16"wheels

Joshua,

A few weeks ago I posted the question whether going from 14" to 15" or 16" wheels would make a difference on my 83 633.  I have a 87 L-6 with the TRX that handled substantially better, and since got an 87 535is with TRX that might even be better.  Looking for the "quick fix" I got 16" Mille Miglia (thought planted from "Hood Douda") with Yokohama AVS S4-Z (225x50ZRx16) and it is definitely an improvement over the 14" Michelins (also tried the TRX on this car and it is better than the TRX)...but there is still some more lean than I expected.  I am trying to find out info on suspension between the different models before replacing suspension parts.  (Tires needed replacing anyway).

Does anyone know if the 87 L-6 or 535is had any suspension upgrades from the stock 635 or 535?  Maybe it is just time to replace all bushings?

BTW, got the wheels from Tire Rack and no complaints.

Gene M.