[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

What is a 700 worth??

Hi all,
I saw the neatest little car today.  Yes, a 700.  Never having actually
having seen (or heard) of one of these my first impression was that someone
just stuck a roundel on some old junker.  After looking at it for a few, I
thought "holy . . . .  , it really IS a BMW"   Anyway,  It's pretty rusted
out, externally anyway, I didn't really get a good look at any structural
parts and it appears to just be surface rust.  All of the glass is there,
pretty much most of the trim is there also, except the oval nose grill.  No
engine, but the guy said he had that in a box at home in pieces with new
pistons and gaskets.
  What I'm wondering is, would this car be worth restoring?   I'm pretty
sure parts would be a bitch to find, am I wrong?   This thing can't be very
heavy, are they fast?  Would you be able to fit a Porshe engine or
something in it, or would that just defeat the whole purpose of restoring
it.
The guy knows he has a rare car, so what would be a reasonable amount to
offer.

Any and all comments and or advice is welcome.

TK Gustafson
carrion@domain.elided
2  '76  '02's