[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> airpump bracket/oil dipstick location

My '71 2002 has a different air bracket (emissions equipmt.) than I found on
a '69 2002A and a late m60's model 1600. Apparentl this is to accomadate my
dipstick, which is yo the front of what the other two brackets are threaded to
accept. Did someone morve y  the dipstck by jest drilling through y  the block
or what?
Oh yea, both of the brackets (from my '71 and the "donar" '69 2002 (sold the frame thogh(sp))) wre   were mising the botom sections of the acceptor for the pump
i.e. bottom of the circles. I geuss I coukld get some plates welded on the bottom?

I appologize for the miss spelling but I'm try ing to getr on the list
from home and I can't backspace :(,

Gabe

P.S. New rubber bushings cost over $10 for the 2 (   right noe
after forcing these ibn  in my broken bracket I figured they'd hold the pump
for the time being (thus stopping the rubbing THROUGH my oil pan!!) but this is
my d  second "quick fix" and if anyone has a  an air pump like I'm talking about
\ oops, an air pump bracket with the tweek in the top part loike Im'm talking
about, wew should talk and work out a deal if you're willing to part with it.