[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

noisy (e-24) fan

About two months ago I posted a message to the digest about a humming noise
comming from the front of the engine of my 1988 m6. The sound occurred only
when the engine was hot and the rpm's at 2500 or above. Their was also a
noticeable decrease in engine power from 2500-3500 rpm.
Well I finally got the time to diagnose the problem. It seems as though the
main fan is the culprit. To determine this I tied the fan blades to the
radiator core so that they would not move. I then drove the car until it was
nice and hot (carefully watching that temp gauge). At no time did the noise
occur and no loss of power was detected. I will assume that this means the
fan is the problem. If anyone can think of anything else it might be feel
free to let me know.
I would also like to thank those who shared their knowledge with me. To all,
keep up the good work.

Now where can I get that fan for a good price?